Official Statement from the Amsterdam Tattoo Museum:
Comrades at arms!
It is been overwhelming, we’re blown away by the enormous support we’ve had the last 24 hours. Never before in my whole history as a tattoo artist I’ve come across such an enormous exposition of positive energy. Reactions worldwide, tweets and retweets, pictures on Instagram, posts on Facebook, etc. It’s a tough fight, but we’re in to win this.
Again today we were denied access to our museum. Locks have been changed, negotiations with the police to get personal matters like tattoo machines were necessary. A tidal wave of local and national press were served all day. Negotiations with landlords, lawyers and businessmen took place. Do not despair my friend. We will fight this with success. Stay tuned!
P.S. Lawsuit is about 1.5 million Euros and has no ground at all. Come see us on December 8th. Help us fight for our art, fight for our history, fight for our future, fight for our museum!
How can you help us?
- First of all, keep spreading the word!
- Make a donation on PayPal, big or small at email@example.com.
- Make a tattoo for the museum, donate, take a picture and participate in the 1000 tattoos for the Amsterdam Tattoo Museum competition
- Sing a song on YouTube
- Make a "Save The ATM" t-shirt
- Bake cookies
- Throw a party
- Become a member of the Blue Bone Society
- Put us in your will
- Sell your body
- Throw us a gig
- Rob a bank
- Organize an auction
- Participate in the December 2nd worldwide Tattoos for History day in participation with www.tattooplatform.nl.
Keep up the fight!
Yours truly, Hanky Panky, Louise, Annemarie & Tessa...
Click here to donate to the SAVE THE ATM FUND!!!
More information about the Amsterdam Tattoo Museum can also be found on www.amsterdamtattoomuseum.com and their blog http://tattoomuseum.wordpress.com/.
Related TAM Blog Articles:
News: Upcoming Book Releases From The Amsterdam Tattoo Museum
Adventures in Amsterdam (Part I)
Adventures in Amsterdam (Part II)
Taki and Molly Kitamura: Amsterdam Adventure
JTG: On the Road in Amsterdam and Beyond